Establishing A Successful Technology Business
This book is based on my personal experience. It covers all facets of starting and managing a company from finding an idea, raising money, and running, growing and selling the business. It promises to save you many sleepless nights.
Valuable messages in every chapter
- You can successfully start a niche business and grow it over time even if you have never done it before, so long as it is in your area of expertise.
- The “right idea” is only right if you can build it into a successful business.
- Get your family on board, and be prepared to make a clean break with your current employer long before you start.
- Raise the right amount of money at the right time from investors who can provide more than money to help you succeed.
- Evolve into an efficient operation because every product eventually competes on price. Spend wisely because when you run out of money you are out of business!
- Build a self-actualized organization and develop leaders throughout the company to meet the needs of your professional employees.
- Marketing and sales are the guardians of you customer relationships and brand.
- Create an R&D organization with a culture that fosters customer interaction and systematic creativity.
- Elevate the status of people in manufacturing and maintain a strong in-house process development capability even if you outsource.
- Your company must evolve and grow to survive. Pass the baton graciously when you see growth slowing.
- Put the business on a solid footing to create value while planning your exit. Find new meaning for productivity in your retirement.
- Buy Now